Program choices

[Infographic] The Differences Between Early Childhood Educator and Special Care Counsellor

Comparison between Special Care Counselling and Early Childhood Education programs
Information Request
Tell us which program interests you
What information would you like to receive?
Questions or concerns
Other contact or email
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
March 23, 2018

Are you hesitating between becoming an early childhood educator or a special care counsellor? Find out which program is right for you with this infographic.

Video Games Programs Comparative Infography

The Early Childhood Education DEC program will teach you how to work with children from 0 to 12 years of age and to meet their physical, emotional and psychological needs at early childhood centers or in family or school environments. At the end of your training, you will obtain a certification that conforms with Ministry of Family standards. In addition, you’ll have everything you need to open your own center or a daycare in your home.

The DEC in Special Care Counselling trains people to appropriately work with a range of clients having difficulties adapting or fitting in socially. You’ll receive training focused on helping relationships, as well as the support individuals and groups of all ages need to face behavior, development or school adaptation challenges.

Find out more about the differences between the two programs.

All dates
Social Sciences & Education