A well-planned interior design has a concrete impact on a room’s functionality, as well as the wellness and safety of the people who use that room. That’s why interior design isn’t limited to decor. It’s a career that requires both technical and creative knowledge.
In addition to becoming an expert in technical and architectural drawings, 3D models and working drawings, students will develop their own style and expand their creativity. They will then be able to:
- Select materials, finishes and colors that are best suited to a project’s requirements
- Design unique, custom, ergonomic furniture
- Create the desired ambiance using lighting tailored to the room they are designing
Trends are always evolving in the interior design industry. That’s why the three-year DEC in Interior Design is taught by well-known professionals who still work in the field. At the end of their training, students will know how to:
- Create visually appealing, functional and safe interior design concepts for residential, commercial, cultural and industrial projects
- Use popular industry software like SketchUp, AutoCAD, Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Revit, etc.
- Complete interior design projects that comply with current regulations and industry standards
During their training, students will be able to present their final project to industry professionals, complete an internship and build their portfolio. They will arrive on the job market with concrete experience to show their employer or clients.
This program is offered on the Montréal campus.