Two key players of the Montréal fashion scene are joining forces to make Québec talent shine!
In collaboration with the ALDO Group, LaSalle College offers a Footwear & Accessory Design concentration as part of the Fashion Design DEC program.
“Shoe and accessory design is an important function in the Québec fashion industry. A specialized training program for designers, preparing them to integrate into the footwear industry, has never existed to this day. The ALDO Group is an important player in the fashion ecosystem in Québec, as well as worldwide and it is essential for us to help meet its needs for a competent and creative workforce.” underlined François Bousquet, director of the International School of Fashion, Art & Design at LaSalle College.
As part of this partnership, the ALDO Group supports LaSalle College by:
- Investing in the equipment necessary for this new concentration
- Supplying a bank of prototypes from past collections as well as reference materials
- Providing access to ALDO Group consultants to maintain professor expertise and program quality
- Supporting the development of the program by collaborating with college management
- Organizing visits to its Montréal campus
- Offering up to 8 paid internships annually to Design students
As of now, at LaSalle College, students have the option to study in both French and English. It is our bilingual option.