Teachers specialized in profesionnal cuisine or market cuisine
Now present on 5 continents, LCI Education Network has 23 post-secondary campuses and approximately 3000 employees who train more than 17,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to another, LCI Education emphasizes the harmonization of its programs which allow a greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services and a deeper respect towards the various cultures encountered.
LaSalle College is looking for teachers for our Anglophone vocation studies program in professional cuisine and market cuisine at our International school of hotel management and tourism.
Schedule : Monday to Friday between 14 :00-21 :00 (exact schedule to be confirmed).
Status : Contract
Salary : $68,81 and starting on August 22nd 2019 $70,54
Start date : September 9th or 16th according to the program.
• Prepare and deliver courses according to College approved course plans and Ministry standards so that students receive quality instruction;
• Administer and supervise practical exams validating the skills modules of the class;
• Absence management and recording student grades.
• Be available to students in order to promote their development of the skills covered in the course such as additional explanations or to meet the educational needs raised or related to pedagogy;
• Prepare, oversee and correct assessments and assignments ;
• Keep your expertise up to date and development in their area of specialization;
• Any other related tasks.
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in education program or be enrolled into a university Bachelor’s degree in education program;
• Proficiency in the English language, both orally and in writing (tests will be administered to selected candidates);
• Experience in a trade or profession that is related to cooking for a minimum of 3000 hours;
• Have the Mapaq certification;
• Be responsible, punctual and diligent
• Demonstrate professional ethics and have pedagogical skills;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Be available to receive and respond to emails, questions as well as requests from students throughout the semester.
• Proficiency with MS Office.
Note that only those candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
We are committed to an equal access employment program, and invite women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply.
Adapted procedures or tools may be offered to some people with regard to their functional limitation (physical, auditory, visual, etc.) or their disability (learning, mental health, neurological, etc.)