The Event Coordinator is a resourceful and creative professional who is flexible and works easily with different individuals. Up to date with even the tiniest details, this individual specialises in coordinating resources ensuring the project’s successful implementation. This strong communicator can supervise the execution of activities and will react quickly to changes. His role is to ensure that the planning and implementation of the industry's best practices are respected. With experience,
the coordinator can access positions such as event planner or manager.
REQUIRED MATERIALS & SOFTWARE
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe CS Suite or CC and Freeware Openproject.
Devices: Headphones with integrated microphone.
MINIMUM RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
- Computer with 64 bits 3GHz processor or Mac Intel
- Windows 7 or higher; or Mac OS v.10.7 or higher
- Minimum 4 GB of RAM (8 GB of RAM recommanded
- Hard Drive 500GB
- High Speed Internet access
- Internet Browser
- Screen with minimum resolution of 1080 x 900 (1280 x 1024 recommended)
- Sound Card, headphones and microphones
- Application software and peripherals required for the course
- Burner, blank CDs and DVDs
- Flatbed Scanner
Students are responsible for ensuring software compatibility.
The software and material required for the course is compulsory and can be purchased online or at special student rates at LaSalle College’s supply store, located at 2020 Sainte-Catherine Street West, Montreal. Tel: 514 939-4442, ext. 3252.
- Introduction to Event Planning
- Cultures, Etiquette and Protocols
- Event Logistics
- Introduction to Event Production Software
- Resource Planning
- Client-Supplier Communications
- Service Contracts and Proposals
- Presenting Project Plans
- Observational Project
- Event Marketing
- Professional Portfolio
- Project Management
- Website Development
- Event Coordination
- Post-Event Activities
- Human Resources
Length of program: 16 months
20 hours/week of self-guided training, evening virtual classes and individual study time.
This 810-hour program leads to an Attestation of College Studies (AEC) that is accredited by the ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES).
Visit lasallecollege.com/conditions-aec for more details
Consult our self-guided training catalogue if you want to take any of these courses individually (without earning a diploma).
You must have prior training deemed sufficient and meet the college admission criteria set by MEES.
Please note that the online courseware and virtual class platform are compatible withboth Mac and PC systems, but some of the software taught is compatible only with the Windows platform. Students are responsible for ensuring compatibility with the software.